Emergency Services Grant Writer Job Description
Firehouse Grants seeks a successful grant writer with expertise in emergency services grants.
Firehouse Grants is seeking a full-time grant writer to prepare applications on behalf of our clients for programs including, but not limited to, the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG), Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER), Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S), Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, and Leary Firefighters Foundation. The grant writer will be responsible for drafting complete narratives for at least 50 applications per year.
- Utilize client-provided data to write custom grant application narratives.
- Research local demographics, economic indicators, and other factors relevant to the client to identify additional evidence that will further support the rationale for funding.
- Interact directly with client by phone and email to gather additional information, clarify ambiguities, and resolve questions/comments.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-years experience in emergency services grant writing (specifically writing AFG, SAFER, and FP&S applications).
- Minimum of 5-years experience as firefighter or firefighter/EMT preferred.
- Excellent ability to write concise and compelling narratives that are logically organized, easily understood, and grammatically correct.
- Knowledge of financial report writing and budgeting
- Strong collaborative communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to follow processes and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information and ensuring all applications are accurate and honest.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Philadelphia area preferable. Remote work possible.
Firehouse Grants is the premier emergency services grant consulting and grant writing firm. We are firefighters, EMTs, and police officers who have successfully delivered more than $100M in grant funding to our clients since 2009. Our team serves fire departments, EMS agencies, and police departments throughout the United States. As emergency service agencies become more reliant upon grant funding, our business continues to expand.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume and three writing samples from AFG or SAFER to email@example.com with “GRANT WRITER” in the subject line.